Assistant Manager- Accounting Advisory Services- London
Service Line Information
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Forensic - Using specialist accounting, investigation and business skills in assisting clients involved in commercial or regulatory disputes or in the investigation of fraud and impropriety. Working in the team will mean getting involved in a broad range of projects, i.e. Fraud investigations, and tracing assets.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The growing Accounting Advisory Services team is seeking an Assistant Manager to utilise financial accounting and auditing skills to deliver value adding solutions to clients in the Aerospace and Defence sectors.
The team predominately provides specialist accounting and financial advice, assurance and support to public sector clients operating within the A&D sector. Typical engagements delivered by the team include advising on accounting and budgetary reporting requirements, contract reviews, financial analysis, technical accounting advice under the FReM and quasi-assurance projects performing agreed upon procedures. The team also provides accounting and finance advice to private companies within the A&D sectors with a focus on support to the tendering for public sector contracts and the implications of submissions for public sector budgets.
Depending on the department’s needs and your own goals, there may also be an opportunity to work on public sector accounting advice projects in sectors outside of A&D.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your accounting and audit experience to produce strategic and innovative solutions for our clients. Once an established member of the AAS defence team, you will also be given the chance to contribute to the overall growth strategy of a team with a very promising future!
- Member of team delivering accounting related engagements, advising clients in the defence sector – depending on the size and nature of project, the individual may be required to manage a small team of junior staff.
- Providing robust accounting advice and financial analysis to support the client’s accounting and financial functions and responsibilities.
- Harnessing and analysing large amounts of data – some of which may be non-financial - in order to inform client decisions.
- Providing high quality input and supporting evidence of deliverables to demanding timescales.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities, and general practice development.
Key skills and competencies required
- Qualified accountant.
- Minimum of 1 year of Financial Statement audit experience.
- Candidate must either hold, or be capable of obtaining, Security Clearance from the UK Government. Note: an individual’s nationality is not a barrier to obtaining Security Clearance, however, in order to be vetted, applicants will need to demonstrate a reasonable period of residency in UK.
- Knowledge of public sector accounting rules, procedures, and processes desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience of the defence sector desirable, but not mandatory.
- Enquiring mind.
- Willingness to travel (The team’s major clients are based in the Bristol area but travel may be required at times).
- Ability to build strong client and colleague relationships.
- Willingness to learn and to try new things.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- Experience in managing large amounts of financial data (Excel format).
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy