Advisor, National Security – People Consulting
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
In KPMG's Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People Consulting we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
The National Security sector is one of KPMG’s key priority sectors, designated for high growth over the next three years. In order to deliver our exciting growth plans KPMG are recruiting experienced market focused consultants to join this team.
The team are seeking Advisors (assistant managers) to take responsibility for client delivery work on National Security engagements and to support KPMG’s growth in this market.
It is desirable that candidates have experience in some of the following markets or clients:
- Ministry of Defence and National Security organisations
- OSCT, Home Office and Foreign Office
- Immigration, UK Border Force & HMRC
- CT Policing and NCA
Due to the nature of the work, it is essential for applicants to hold current 'National Security Vetting’ aligned to a National Security organisations.
Successful candidates need to be able to demonstrate their proficiency in a number of the following:
- Responsibility for standalone deliverables that add significantly to the overall success of a project or work stream
- Excellent written and oral stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Strong familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage competing agendas/priorities and establish achievable projects
- Ability to identify and manage key stakeholders
- Ability to contribute to business development initiatives including proposal writing
- CIPD, CIMA, MBA and Prince2 are beneficial but not essential.
Experience and Background
The team are seeking Advisors (assistant managers) to take responsibility for delivering work streams on Security National Security engagements. Candidates should have demonstrable consulting experience.
You will need knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Behavioural change management - ensuring organisations realise the benefits of large scale change projects by embedding new behaviours and minimising underperformance during the change
- Organisation development - target operating model development, organisation design, role clarity, performance management, organisational culture, employee development and reward/recognition.
- Optimising human resource departments - creating cost effective, integrated HR functions that contribute to the delivery of business strategy
- Talent development - helping clients identify, retain and develop talent
- Performance Management and Reward - designing reward strategies/incentive schemes, and performance management frameworks/processes
- Workforce Optimisation – helping organisations get the most from their workforce, including strategic and operational workforce planning, terms and conditions of employment, TUPE, and reward and incentive management.
Your base office will be Bristol or London
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy