Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Direct reports: Team of Sales Consultants
To support the Store Manager in the day-to-day running of the store and to increase store sales turnover by means of effective management and development of the team.
· Managing the store and team in the absence of the Store Manager.
· Increasing sales and profit through supporting the successful day-to-day running of the store.
· Coaching and motivating staff in order to achieve sales and company goals.
· Consistently delivering brand vision in store and through exceptional customer experience.
· In the absence of the Store Manager dealing with all staffing matters such as appraisals and disciplinary issues where necessary.
· Coordinating induction of all new staff members and continuously coaching and developing.
· Coordinating rotas and overtime, managing budgetary and administrative processes.
· Supporting the recruitment process from authorisation through to offer stage.
· Regularly updating staff on business performance and also new merchandise and collections.
· Building relationships with customers and other colleagues and businesses within the outlet.
· Dealing with queries and complaints.
· Effective store merchandising.
· The ASM will be responsible for the stock room supervision and processes. This will include the delegation of stock, administration, stock organisation, carrying out regular stock takes and dealing with any discrepancies, faulty stock, returns and any other related issues.
• Sales turnover figures
• Team targets
• Mystery shop results