Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Exhibition Assistant to join Alexander McQueen’s Exhibition and Special Projects team. The role is based at our Flagship Store on Bond Street and will be on a part-time bases.
Reporting to the Exhibition and Special Projects Lead, the Exhibitions Assistant will be a highly creative and enthusiastic individual looking for a front of house position in an Exhibition environment. On a day to day basis you will give in depth tours of the exhibition referring to historical research, design process and sampling techniques specific to all areas. This is an opportunity to Support in the day to day running of the Exhibition.
How you will contribute
· You will assist in producing physical components of the exhibition which can vary from design process boards, manual refreshing of archive pieces on show to preparation meetings for future exhibitions
· You will support in the production and smooth running of related events and workshops around the exhibition
· You will assist in coordinating intimate tours and various one to one showcasing around the exhibition content
· You will be coordinating dialogue between the retail team and head office
· Keep mailing lists relevant and up-to-date for the Exhibitions and Special Projects Team database
· You will assist with keeping a detailed calendar of all tours and workshops
· Occasional work at head office assisting the Exhibitions and Special Projects Team
Who you are
· Degree level educated or equivalent ideally in Fashion/History Of Art/Communications
· Good knowledge of historical and current fashion and art industry
· Previous work experience in a public facing, or creative environment
· Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
· Excellent communications skills and outstanding cultural sensitivity
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Team player with a can-do attitude
Why work with us
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Alexander McQueen Trading Limited