IMPORTANT: Please note this is not a job opportunity, this is a Work Placement/Internship opportunity for higher education students. To be considered, you must currently be a student wanting to do an internship as part of your higher education curriculum at your college/institution. Students on European Union programs: Leonardo da Vinci, Youth in Action, Erasmus, Comenius, may also be considered.
Jorlio.com is a start-up, in the Events Promotion, Events Management space. We promote events, using our online platform, to a highly targeted audience. The site currently contains over 50,000 events.
This internship will offer you an opportunity to learn about general business processes; about emphasis on producing results; time management in a business environment; influencing the audience in a B2C environment. You will also learn about Internet/Online Businesses and the Events Industry.
Duration: 2 months minimum; 3 months+ preferred.
Some things you could be working on (depending on your capabilities):
- Researching Competitors, Analyzing their services, website, etc.
- Researching Event Organizers in Various cities, with emphasis on USA and UK.
- Posting events on our site, from the above event organizers.
- Researching methods to bring new users to our site.
- Researching industry writers, blogs; getting content published.
- Identifying ways to improve the look/feel of our site.
- Coming up with ideas on adding new services, improving the usefulness of our site.
- Responding to customer emails/chat; support functions.
- Admin/miscellaneous tasks; improving content.