Quality Technician, DePuy Synthes
Beeston, Leeds, United Kingdom
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, DePuy Synthes Quality department is recruiting for a QA Technician.
What you're great at
You have a technical background, you will have a passion to develop and be intellectually curious.
You will be a good communicator who is able to make data-based decisions, you will use Quality Engineering principles and problem-solving skills to improve and maintain develop products/processes that are aligned with the overall Quality and Business vision.
Ensuring effective risk management to prevent unanticipated failure modes and improve capability of processes.
Responsibilities will include:
You will support processes in Base Business and support other engineers and technicians across multiple sites and/or various geographic regions.
• Conduct Technical Quality assurance inspections and use results to improve production processes and standards.
• Sampling of in process and finished goods as required
• Collate and entry of data from functional and finished goods testing/inspection
• Review of product on hold, scrap and rework
• Support Quality Systems activities within the Value Streams and across the site such as Internal Audits, Non- Conformances and CAPA activities
• Conduct periodic line audits to assess for production controls such as lot segregation. Review results of area audits to ensure that corrective and preventive actions are adequate.
Product Quality, Control & Disposition and Performance Standards
• Supports activities related to the Material Review Board.
• Conduct investigation, bounding, documentation, review and approval of non-conformances, CAPAs and customer complaints. Escalation of quality issues as appropriate.
• Support the collection/presentation of Quality metrics including leading and lagging indicators of quality
Production/Process Controls including Control Plans
• Collect data and execute/conduct various analytical/statistical analysis and interpretation as part of process improvements and day-to-day support.
• Working in conjunction with Quality Engineers, to review effectiveness of current control plans given risk levels.
• Working in conjunction with Quality Engineers, assess the current risk mitigation techniques implemented and whether these are consistent with the product classification, potential defect types, defect frequency, severity, patient risk, process capability, process controls, etc.