Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in healthcare to touch the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world.
As the Learning & Development Co-Ordinator you will be responsible for the development and effective coordination of the delivery of training to the Supply Chain teams within Vision Care across EMEA. This includes delivering training courses, producing and issuing training schedules, maintaining accurate records, coordinating availability for training, producing reports and giving to the publication of e-learning content. You will also be developing and rolling out training to support continues improvement of Customer Service in conjunction with Vision Care Global programs
You will work in collaboration with the EMA Management team and support teams, with view to both crafting, approving and executing training programs across the EMA region. Ensuring that all new employees receive the company's induction process, all training metrics and reporting requirements are met and other relevant training is delivered in a timely fashion.
The role will actively support our Strategy to develop the knowledge and skills of the Customer Services team to Global standards, demonstrating additional value to the business and promote a learning and development culture.
- Executing the training development program per agreed L&D Plan
- Executing all critical training within agreed timeframes in line with company policy
- Maintaining record accuracy and processing all necessary paperwork by preparing and distributing to a high standard for both internal and external customers
- Maintaining and update training matrices and TNA action plans
- Delivering induction programme and other confirmed courses where appropriate
- Sourcing training venues/rooms and ensure that all materials are provided.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all training confirmations, cancellations or queries
- Accurately update and build reports within set timescales
- Leading all compliance audits pertaining to training for EVC
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of new starters/leavers ensuring you meet all relevant Induction requirements.
- Work with the L&D Manager to build and publish e-learning materials and content
- Prepare and present our L&D Performance metrics monthly to management team