Requisition ID: 00001DCM
Bio-engineer Industrial Placement
Duration : 12 months
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Sector: Medical Devices
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Our engineering teams make a positive impact on virtually every aspect of our business. They help to manufacture our products, create new medical breakthroughs and are also responsible for everything from material sciences and packaging to operations and facilities management.
DePuy Synthes create products that reconstruct diseased or damaged joints, repair skeletal injuries, correct spinal injuries or deformities and also provide surgical treatments for neurological disorders. These products change the lives of our patients and present unique and rewarding challenges for our engineering teams.
If you join DePuy Synthes as a Bio-engineer student you will work alongside a team who specifically work on developing products for knee replacements. You will gain exposure to designing implants and surgery procedures, test products and develop new concepts for medical devices. Throughout the year you will provide support/assistance for specifying product designs and influencing the choice of raw materials, processes and equipment necessary to develop and manufacture products.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Assist in providing technical support for products in development, and existing product lines to markets and other functions
· Assist in the preparation of documentation for Design History Files and project documentation in accordance with regulatory and company procedures
· May handle several projects concurrently depending on the magnitude of each
· Work closely with surgeons to gain an in-depth understanding of the knee replacement procedure
· Work alongside the design engineer to implement tools to improve procedure
· Test products (either computationally or physically)