The Public Institutions Group at JLL is seeking a Transaction Analyst for one of our client-dedicated account teams in Washington, DC.
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm specializing in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people, and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of 88,000 as of September 30th, 2018. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com .
What This Job Involves
JLL holds a contract wherein JLL acts as the exclusive real estate services provider on behalf of the client. As a Transaction Analyst in the Washington DC office, you would be working on this client team in a support role. Specifically, you’d be a part of the group dedicated solely to the renewal of existing USPS facility leases in the eastern half of the US.
Our team deals with an extraordinarily high volume of transactions on behalf of the client, so to be involved with this team is to be involved with a monumental transaction management account, the size of which (in terms of number of sites in the portfolio) is largely unmatched across the commercial real estate industry.
The team is split into two groups—Transaction Managers (TMs) and Transaction Analysts (TAs). The most prominent difference between the two roles is that the TMs are charged with the task of engaging the landlord and negotiating the lease transaction on behalf of the client. The TAs assist and serve as a support system to the TMs. From an organizational standpoint, you will report directly to the Hiring Manager, while simultaneously taking daily direction from and serving as a support system to your assigned TM. The TA works in an operational and administrative support capacity to proactively, meticulously, and efficiently execute a plethora of processes that must be run in order to execute lease transactions on behalf of the client. The nature of this work can be repetitive and seemingly mundane. Our team prides itself on being able to straddle this type of work as we provide an invaluable service to a monumental client who provides an integral service to our society every day. A comfort with this type of work and an ability to keep one’s “eye on the prize” is championed amongst the team and will be expected of any suitable candidate for the role.
Regular office hours are expected with this role with very few remote work opportunities.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Data entry, data validation, and data organization
· General administrative and operational support
· Abstraction, analysis, and interpretation of commercial lease documents
· Drafting of commercial lease documents with direction/oversight of your assigned TM
· Occasional interaction with the client and landlord
· Proactively and preemptively identify opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
· Proactively and preemptively work to reduce errors and mistakes
· Bachelor’s degree, at minimum
· Real estate license is a plus
· Ability to exhibit very high attention to detail in a fast-paced, high volume environment
· Familiarity and knowledge of commercial real estate fundamentals is a plus
· Familiarity with commercial lease documents is a plus
· Ability to analyze both qualitative and quantitative information
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Conversancy with the MS Office Suite—MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, etc.
· Familiarity with CoStar and CREM is a plus
· “Self-starter” mentality and an ability to “connect the dots” in order to solve problems using logic and intuition
· Ability to work within a team and on an individual basis
· Ability to interpret and set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume, detail-oriented environment
· Ability to take direction from others and be coachable
· Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
· Comfort with seemingly mundane, repetitive, support-centric tasks
· Basic understanding of and commitment to client service
· A desire to work and grow within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
What You Can Expect from Us:
You can look forward to working on a monumental and exciting account within a word-class firm where smart, engaging, and word-class individuals come together to drive value for clients, communities, and industries across the globe.
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits, and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sight and imagine where JLL can take you…
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.