· The Operating Engineer is responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, machinery and related controls and components at our client's facilities. The responsibilities of the position will require demonstrated technical expertise in multiple craft areas (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, and Central Plant Operations). Client sites are located in Atlanta, GA. Operating Engineers are responsible for their assigned locations but may be required to support other sites in the event of an emergency or to provide backup coverage.
· Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
· Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
· Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings.
· Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
· Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g., cleaning, inspecting, and changing parts).
· Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
· Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
· Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
· Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
· Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
· Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
· Assist site Property Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, and hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
· Evaluates building systems to improve performance and operating efficiencies.
· Complies with all policies and procedures established for the buildings.
· Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends.
· Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the facility
· Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
· Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner. Report safety issues to Leadership.
· Completes all required training and safety programs.
· Tracks and reports time worked in accordance with account policies and procedures.
· Reports property issues that are not within direct responsibility to supervisor or work center team.
· Special projects and other functions as required by manager or client.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.