Jones Lang LaSalle is currently seeking an Operating Engineer as part of the Facility Maintenance & Operations Team. The Operating Engineer’s technical responsibilities include the operations & maintenance and repair of building systems and equipment. Duties include all aspects of routine and emergency plant operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Inspects and analyzes equipment and diagnoses trouble or malfunctions and makes necessary adjustments to minimize service interruptions and equipment downtime
· Provides input to the planning of equipment system maintenance to minimize service interruptions and equipment downtime through reliability centered maintenance practices
· Executing a wide variety of maintenance and repair work in relation to the installation, maintenance, and repairs of boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, and building equipment and infrastructure in general.
· May oversee the execution of daily operations and maintenance activities performed by JLL and/or contract personnel. Provide guidance and mentoring, as needed, to ensure personnel perform the tasks required in a complete and accurate manner and delivered with outstanding customer service.
· Performs a wide variety of complex operating procedures to ensure the proper operation of the high pressure steam boilers, lab utilities, emergency generator operation, the propane vaporizer and others.
· Conducts scheduled tours of the boiler plant, chiller plant and lab utility equipment to include cooling towers, emergency generator rooms; main switch gear rooms, air handling machine rooms as well as steam stations and condensate return systems.
· Completes tours and watches according to predetermined schedules and reports status.
· During after hour’s shifts, responds to all emergencies and takes appropriate action to identify problems and take corrective actions without compromising watch duties. Calls on duty mechanics for assistance and or utilizes emergency call list when necessary.
· Will maintain all engineering/electrical spaces in a clean and neat manner at all times.
· Review executed work orders, logs, forms, and related documentation on a daily basis to help ensure they are complete, current, and reflect the tasks as performed, and are appropriated filed in the CMMS, or other required system.
· Ensure all safety, environmental, and site standards are strictly adhered to within the facility by both JLL and any JLL vendors performing work. Ensures compliance with OSHA regulations, all applicable building codes and JLL policies and procedures.
· Must be able to work variable shifts in a 24/7 environment, including off hours, weekends, and emergency conditions.
· The minimum level of education for this position will be completion of high school.
· Should have a working knowledge of building automation, system controls and fire alarm systems.
· Proficient computer skills and experience working with Direct Digital Control and critical operation related to MEP infrastructure is desirable.
· Must have general knowledge of industry maintenance and repair practices
· Ability to work independently and plan work without direct supervision.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.