OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Oversees the daily operation and directs third party contractors in the maintenance and repair of the campus' HVAC, utilities, plumbing/piping and site mechanical and fire/life safety systems. This will include but not limited to water and steam processes, fire extinguishers, eye washes/showers, sprinkler risers, sprinkler and fire systems, pre-action fire systems, and hydrants. This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of building infrastructure. Applicant will be performing both preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on multiple systems and equipment. Must be able to perform repair, maintenance, restoration, and replacement of various components of the physical structure of buildings. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC maintenance & troubleshooting and be multi-skilled in other areas (pipe fitting/plumbing, electrical) in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments. Must be willing to work out of trade when necessary to perform other work tasks, assist other crafts and work as a multi-craft mechanic.
Responsible for the fabrication and installation of various equipment and the management and support of projects and installations. The individual in this role must be available for on-call work. Off-hours shifts, evening, night and weekend work may be required. The position may be called upon to perform other general maintenance and support duties on an as-needed basis.
· Maintenance of fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, eyewash & safety showers, AEDs, Co2, exit lights
· Perform/coordinate sprinkler inspections and sprinkler riser & water flow testing (NFPA)
· Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as-found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy, operations, and safety
· Oversee operation, repair, PM and installation of new piping and valves relating to building steam and water piping/plumbing systems, and fire/life safety systems
· Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the building and critical support systems and components. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
· Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
· Install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, and rotating equipment
· Perform minimal fabrications using a lathe, milling machine, drill press and associated machine shop equipment
· Perform rigging/moving of equipment
· Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers
· Maintain and repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps
· Provide all other building maintenance, repair, and restorative procedures as directed
· Perform general technician tasks to maintain buildings
· Maintain and repair single phase electrical breakers, switches, receptacles, junction boxes, conduit, lights, and ballasts.
· Perform temporary emergency general roofing repairs.
· Prepare, prime and paint building interior and exterior surfaces, office, outside and controlled work environments.
· Experience in controlled working environments a plus
· General office maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems
· Perform vehicle safety inspections
· Must be capable of identifying, utilizing and operating tools and equipment associated with craft discipline
· Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and recognize all job-related work permits and complete Job Hazard Analysis
· Must be able to perform work wearing personnel protective equipment. Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, sand blast hoods, flame retardant coveralls, flash suit with gloves and hood, hard hat, ear plugs, and safety glasses
· Should be able to estimate costs and order materials
· Must be qualified to operate a man lift, scissor lift, forklift and respirator fitted
· Must be able to work in high places (not afraid of heights) and work in confined spaces
· Must be able to work off lifts and scaffolds and understand elevated work standards
· Comply with policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
· Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws
· Document work performance and materials procurement, as directed
· Any and all other duties assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· High school diploma or state equivalent required
· Trade license, apprenticeship/or equivalent trade experience vocational certification preferred
· Experience - 5+ years of experience
· Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to piping/plumbing systems, mechanical systems, and boiler controls/operation
· Must have adequate skills to perform required job functions with minimal supervision
· Able to work in a customer service environment interacting with the client.
· Team player with good interpersonal skills
· Fluent in English. Conflict resolution skills. Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
· Proficient with computer-based systems and programs, including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
· Must be able to adequately perform required job functions. This includes being able to lift, bend, and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
· Overhead work / working at heights required.
· Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment, and operate a motor vehicle
· Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
· Subject to 24-hour availability and required to work in all weather conditions
· Environmental conditions will vary based on the job being performed. Work may take place in either the maintenance shop and/or in the plant depending upon the job requirements. Must be capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.