We are looking for a Handyman for our Integrated Facilities Management business line.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Handyman based in Lochside View, Edinburgh. The Handyman will carry out fabric maintenance and portage tasks, and assist technicians with planned and reactive works.
What this job involves
· To assist and carry out fabric maintenance and semi-skilled tasks
· To complete planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and extra work requirements in adherence to set standards and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements including:
· Check and inspection of all plants and equipment
· Interface with specialist sub-contractors
· To abide by QA and Health & Safety procedures
· Health and Safety considerations to all directly employed staff, customer’s staff and public at large.
· Plant condition monitoring
· To attend monthly site meetings as required.
· To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
· To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
· Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
· Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks
· Ability to prioritise work tasks
· Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
· Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Detail conscious
· Results/tasks orientated
· Acceptable personal grooming standards
· Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness
· Experience in building fabric maintenance
· GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Apply today at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.