Objective of Role
The Senior Facilities Manager (SFM) role has two primary functions:
People Management – To support the Regional Facilities Manager (RFM) managing a designated FM team within region to ensure that their team is sourced, trained, developed and deployed appropriately, working closely with other Client FM Leads, as per the standards defined by JLL.
Facilities (property/portfolio) Management – To be directly responsible for the provision of facilities services to occupiers in one or more managed properties to best practice standards defined by JLL. The SRFM is expected to understand the business objectives of the investment.
Reporting to the RFM, the SFM has line management responsibilities for FMs in the region and will be the Lead FM representative for specified key clients. The SFM will work closely in a number of ‘virtual teams’ within PAM including; Client Relationship Directors (CRDs), Contract Documents (CDs), Management Services, Client Financial Services (CFS) and will take direction from Client FM Leads.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
People Management – Supporting the RFM to;
• ensure the smooth transition of properties into management within your team as defined by JLL Policy, Process and Procedures on the PAM Process Hub Connect site including the transition of contracts from previous owners so to align with JLL Procurement Policy or agreed Client appointed suppliers work.
• manage the TUPE of staff in or out of your team working closely with the RFM / JLLR HR.
• be responsible for FMs and other site-based JLLR employees in respect of their performance, training and development.
• identify and retain key talent by ensuring effective career development and mobility.
• performance manage, set goals and complete year end assessment to be done in collaboration and agreement with your RFM and Client FM Leads.
• assist in recruitment and employee people management issues.
• act as mentor, where required, to designated FMs (i.e. those who require coaching and day to day guidance) and be responsible for their continuing development.
• support the IFM (Investor Facilities Management) central management team in respect of major initiatives (including functional initiatives), data collection and people management.
• ensure readiness for sale dealing with due diligence enquiries on disposal and lettings from a facilities perspective.
• assist in the delivery of ‘Instinct’ (customer experience) operational initiatives across your portfolio in close liaison with our service partners.
Facilities (property/portfolio) Management
• Working closely and taking direction from relevant Client FM Leads take ownership and be responsible for delivering operational facilities related client KPIs as identified in the PMA (Property Management Agreement) and/or any other client agreed initiatives.
This job description sets out key elements and responsibilities of the role, but it is not intended to be exhaustive and does not constitute a contractual document. Duties may be changed to meet changing needs or circumstances.
• To assist in the delivery of ‘Instinct’ (customer experience) operational initiatives across your portfolio in close liaison with our service partners.
• To regularly liaise with occupiers and be the principal point of contact for advice and guidance in connection with the day-to-day physical operation of the building.
• Inform Surveyors of any occupier matters that may influence valuation/investment considerations including assistance in monitoring Tenant’s compliance with covenants.
• Report to Surveyors in accordance with an agreed procedure, ensuring the RFM is kept informed on matters relating to standards of facilities management.
• To work in accordance with established procedures in connection with JLLs out of hours cover and emergencies.
• To deliver the financial management of the property through the preparation of service charge budgets, the monitoring of agreed budgets to pre-defined cash limits, quarterly variance reporting and service charge reconciliation to agreed accounting practices. Also, to administer non-recoverable budgets.
• To understand the principal terms of occupier’s leases as they affect the facilities management of the property and the Client’s obligations to provide services including clarity on the extent of the common areas.
• In conjunction with the Surveyors and RFM, ensure that the procurement of all supplies and services at the property is undertaken in accordance with the JLLs PAM procurement program to ensure the highest standards for the best price. This will include the use of accredited Contractors only, usually on the basis of framework agreements, and JLLs purchase ordering systems.
• Monitor contractor performance against agreed standards. Review service contracts as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain high quality health and safety arrangements, in accordance with best practice guidelines from central support under the JLLs risk management programme and the RFM.
• To ensure all risks identified in the independent Risk Assessment are properly addressed and to review risks as part of JLLs audit process and Site Compliance inspections.
• To work with other aspects of JLLs ‘Socially Responsible Management’ programme in relation to environmental & sustainability policies; to include water hygiene and asbestos monitoring etc.
• To ensure reactive maintenance and day-to-day service requirements undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Be familiar with all heating, ventilating, mechanical and electrical equipment in each building and have a sound understanding of the purpose and general working of such equipment. To ensure maintenance contracts in place to cover O&M manual requirements.
• Assist and liaise with building surveyors/architects/consultants on major works.
• With the Surveyors identify and arrange minor planned works.
• To maintain, test and implement disaster planning procedures to cover all emergencies. To organise and co-ordinate fire evacuation and bomb drills.
• Prepare site regulations and issue permits to work for all contractor activities on site.
• To ensure that on-site management of the properties is undertaken in accordance with JLLs polices, processes and procedures as defined on the PAM Process Hub site (Connect).
• Establish and maintain proper site records in accordance with best practice rules.
• Responsible for routine correspondence using standard documents and templates as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain occupier handbooks as per defined standard for each site.
• To monitor vacant/void property in conjunction with the clients’ insurance policy.
• Establish a regular inspection programme for each site in accordance with site insurance and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the submission of insurance claims relating to incidents on site and manage the obtaining of quotes and/or works at site as instructed by the insurers or loss adjusters.
• Ensure readiness for sale of relevant individual properties dealing with due diligence enquiries on disposal and lettings from a facilities perspective.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.