We are looking for a Mobile Engineering Technician for our Integrated Facilities Management business line.
Abo ut JLL
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
· To implement Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive maintenance, small projects and help desk calls, in accordance with both client and JLL requirements, within JP Morgans’ Edinburgh and Glasgow sites.
· To monitor the buildings operational functions.
· To complete and record all related paperwork associated with the role.
· To issue permit to work for all specialist vendors and carryout appropriate isolations via LOTO.
· To assist and support the FM in all functions. to ensure HSE, statutory and contractual compliance.
What this job involves
· To take responsibility for the maintenance and reactive repairs of Electrical, Fire life safety and Mechanical building services and associated equipment.
· Liaise with admin staff to ensure timely closures and completions on FM360, for PPM and reactive tasks.
· To report all Engineering activity and incidents to the FM team.
· To ensure all PPM activity is completed within set SLA schedules, ensuring Engineering standards and in country regulations are applied and maintained, in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
· Adherence to set Engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements,SFG20, and account specific standards of excellence.
· To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects, and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the aspects of all work activity.
· To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
· To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors, and to review Engineering reports and recommendations with the FM team.
· Liaise with and maintain, good working relations with all building users, and respond in a positive manner at all times to any requests or instructions.
· To act as initial point of contact for all out of hours incidents and alarms.
Health & Safety
· All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others, who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
· A proactive, can do attitude to facilitate positive working relationships with all staff.
· Interface with Client Representative, and Service providers.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
· Electrical or Mechanical Apprenticeship.
· Working knowledge of business critical assets which would include UPS, Emergency power Generation, Air conditioning systems and Fire life safety.
· HSE accredited/ recognised training course(s).
· Experience in the Electrical / Mechanical aspects of commercial building assets and systems.
· Experience with understanding cause and effect with regards to building BMS controls.
· Experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of excellence in the field.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Pro-active attitude and approach.
· Self-policing and highly motivated, with a “can do “outlook.
· Teamwork – Pro-active and strives to improve effectiveness through personal commitment.
· Planning, Organising & Executing – Able to understand the priorities, plan and organise work activity and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
· Communication – Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
· Commercial Awareness – Understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
· Risk Management – Is aware of the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
· Adaptability – Is responsive and open to changing circumstances.
· Drive for Excellence – Aims to deliver the highest possible standards.
· Self-Motivation and Development – Is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
· Ownership – Takes ownership of engineering issues, and provides pro-active solutions to the Management team.
· Customer Awareness – Responsive to the needs of the customer.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Apply today at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.