· DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operating Engineers must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, respond to operational and emergency situations, and provide technical guidance and direction during real time problem management
· Operates building systems in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with government regulatory compliance and standard operating procedures
· Perform daily walk-through of sites in order to ensure proper operation of electrical and HVAC equipment and identify any potentially hazardous conditions
· Must interface with Critical Operations Team to coordinate Critical Area Program. This will include but not be limited to: scheduling maintenance windows in Change Management, participating in staff meetings, interfacing with key vendors and project management personnel, and keeping up with written communications within the Critical Environment Team
· Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment
· Participate in the safety training program and any other safety protocols outlined by company or client policy
· Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards and practices
· Ensure all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building is maintained and up to date, including up-to-date building drawings and one-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law
· Must be able to act in a consulting capacity on projects and new design
· Perform predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, maintenance routines and equipment rounds, and service requests as directed in accordance with Preventative Maintenance Program
· Perform the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
· Inspects and repairs pumps, fans, valves, and motors ensuring proper operation of the facility equipment and systems
· Perform general facility related maintenance work including plumbing repairs, replacement of lamps/ballasts, door hardware and other maintenance tasks
· Perform emergency or preventative maintenance repairs off hours on nights and weekends as needed
· Support vendors on preventive and repair activities that cannot be performed in house
· Administer the Critical Facility Change Request notifications and Critical Facility Incident Reporting processes to Data Center Management standards
· Understand and work within the accounts Computerized Maintenance Management System
· Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs, and engineering data sheets
· Track electrical/mechanical loads for all critical systems
· Work collaboratively with the Energy Management team to develop programs that reduce energy consumption and increase sustainable practices.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures
· Participate in Company Training and local professional trade organizations and third-party training programs in order to stay current with technological trends of the industry
· Perform additional duties or acts in other capacities as required to meet the company’s and/or the client’s objectives
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.