JLL is hiring a Conveyor Maintenance Technician to Support Amazon’s State-of-the-art distribution center in Kent, WA!
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry-leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon’s distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you!
The Conveyor Maintenance Technician (MHE I) will be responsible for the maintenance of Conveyance, Material Handling and Associated Equipment in a distribution environment.
· Repairing and making improvements to building and infrastructure
· Maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
· Light metal and wood fabrications, including welding
· Maintaining and repairing distribution center racking
· Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
· Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining building pneumatic system
· Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
· Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
· Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
· Enter downtime data in the daily log, complete PM sheets
· Electrical, knowledge of basics components
· Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
· Tracking and storing the departments' inventory, including spare parts
· Supporting continuous improvement in the department
· Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
· Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
· Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
· Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
OPERATION SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
· Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
· Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
· Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner.
· Must be highly self-motivated.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Electrical knowledge of basics components. Use test equipment ability to do simple circuitry.
· Plumbing – Can shut off water and identify problems. Can repair plastic PVC pipe.
· Building Lighting – Able to change out lights. Troubleshooting of lights, displays, and wiring
· Compressors, Pneumatics- knows what they do and how to take readings.
· Able to reset, change out filters, oils, and basic compressor experience.
· Metal and wood fabrication skills
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and workload
· Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
· Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
· Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
· PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
· Experience with conveyors, understand the flow of the system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
· Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments. Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
· Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments. Perform PM’s and do basic repairs
· Basic understanding of building components
· Knowledge of CMMS programs
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.