Assistant Manager, Retail
Property and Asset Management - (region/country)
What this job involves:
Being a coordinator
Is coordination your strength? In this role, you will manage all tenants’ fit-out work and ensure submission of shop drawings, as-built drawings, Authorities’ approval etc. You will manage all tenancy A&A works to prepare the units for new tenants, including procurement, supervision, budget control, value engineering, certification of completion, etc. You will need to co-ordinate with the client (landlord), the tenant, consultants, contractors for all matters in relation to tenants’ fit-out works, tenancy A&A works, term contract procurement and management and day-to-day property management of the retail mall.
What importance do you give documentation? You will administer all Fit-Out Permits and Permits-To-Work, maintaining a tracking chart for allocation of power, additional power, additional chilled water, additional emergency power, additional emergency chilled water supply, riser spaces and equipment space. You will also manage the application process including checking on balance capacity before advising and committing to the applicant. Besides that, you will review and update Fit-Out Guide and ensure all pre and post submission requirements are complied with. You will also review the Method Statement for the Testing and Commissioning of Building Systems, and thereafter attend, co-ordinate, verify and witness the Testing and Commissioning process for both landlord and tenants works.
You will also administer the tender process for term contract procurement, tenancy A&A works and ad-hoc capex works for the retail mall.
You will prepare the monthly report for submission to the client, and ad-hoc reports as-and-when required by the General Manager.
You will carry out periodical inspection of the site for quality control of work done, enforce rules, regulations and procedures at site where necessary to minimise disturbance/ inconvenience to other tenants/ shoppers. You will also ensure that all necessary licences, permits and Occupational Health and Safety control measures and protections are in place.
Delivering excellent service
You will attend routine meeting with the client together with the General Manager. You will attend ad-hoc meetings with the tenants to address their concerns and to build a good rapport with the tenants.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
Qualified and experienced
You hold a Degree/Diploma in Real Estate Management/ Construction Management/ Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or its equivalent with at least 5 years of related work experience in a retail mall/ mixed development with retail component. You are well verse in related local ordinances and have good communication and writing skill.
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realise your full potential in an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package.
Additional skill required
• Monitors building operations
• Establishes inspection tours of property, focusing on stairwells, elevators, and all areas of ingress/egress
• Maintains and updates of Water Management Policies and Procedures manual
• Maintains of Landscaping / Horticulture
• Assists in maintaining of Club houses
• Communicates with Property Manager regarding events, incidents, concerns of Civil petty works.
• Preparing tender documents.
• Assists in procurement of maintenance stores for smooth operations.
• Laisoning with Govt authorities such as BWSSB.
• Establishes and updates on going minor works and jobs
• Implements and provides budgets relating to the property and works
· Should be qualified minimum diploma holder with ample experience in preparing BOQs.
· Ability to trace out the seepage issues and fix
· Ability to train, assign, organize, prioritize, motivate, supervise and evaluate
· Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions for short term and long term civil works needs
· Ability to develop and implement Emergency Procedures to fix the issue related to civil works;
· Ability to understand threats and the associated risks for the Building
· Thorough knowledge of Emergency Situation handling;
· Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations;
· Ability to comprehend and follow civil work safety rules and regulations;
· Ability to communicate well with others, both orally and in writing;
· Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions;
· Demonstrate integrity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.