Title : Java Engineer
The JLL Digital Products team aims to bring successful technology-based products to market in a high-growth environment. The team’s mission is focused on accelerating technology adoption in commercial real estate by bringing creative, innovative and technical solutions to solve large, complex problems for our clients.
The Scrum Master is a key position on the Digital Products team, responsible for defining the key framework components for JLL’s cloud environment.
What this job involves:
About the role
Key Responsibilities :
· Build highly scalable data processing pipeline for various applications such as Bulk Ingestion, Real Time Streaming Applications and AI/ML based insights
· Build configurable data pipeline based on Kafka Streams/KSQL to ingest bulk and real time stream data
· Build Kafka Stream applications that meets the high-quality standards and scale horizontally in a cloud environment
· Collaborating with the Dev Leads and Product Manager to ensure that the requirements are meet
· Ensure applications are tested through usage of automated test tools
· Delivering well instrumented system that provides insights in Operational Metrics and helps in resolving issues
· Utilize Agile practices to manage and delivers features
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
Experience and Education :
In order to achieve the key objectives of role, you will need the following skills and experience
· Deep expertise with Java server-side development using Spring Projects specifically through usage of microservices
· Expertise in Spring Projects such as Spring Data, Spring Streams, Spring integration, Spring for Apache Kafka and Spring Security
· Knowledge of schema definition such as AVRO, Thrift, Protocol Buffers and Parquet
· Experience building test automation for data loading, performance and API validation through tools such as JMeter, apigee, SoapUI,etc
· Hands on experience with Kafka Stream Processing and KSQL
· Experience in building large scale distributed systems and knowledge of enterprise architecture patterns. Knowledge of distributed system concepts such as Leadership, Consensus, Replication and Partitioning
· Experience in build automation tools such as Gradle, Jenkins, Docker Images and Artifactory
· Experience in working with Container Management/Orchestration Systems such as Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, AWS ECS, etc
· Experience with Stream Analysis and ML with tools such as Spark, Apache Flink, etc
· Experience with building instrumented, scalable, highly available, and secure systems
· Hiring and retaining top engineers in the Integration team
· Experience with one or more public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure)
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science
· 5+ years of hands on Java development with 2 years in building data processing applications using Spring Boot
Technical Skills & Competencies
· Expert level Java Development using Spring Boot.
· Kafka Stream Processing and KSQL
· Big Data Application Design and Development
· Expert in handling complex data structures and developing algorithms
· Expert in Application Design patterns
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realize your full potential in a fully entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. If you harbour a passion for learning and adapting new technologies, JLL will continuously provide you with platforms to enrich your technical domains. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay, and benefits package. It’s no surprise that JLL has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 12th consecutive year.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.