POSTING END DATE: 24/8/2018
LOCATION: Gaydon, Warwickshire/Coventry, West Midlands
ADVERTISED SALARY: 32416-36000
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Every product. Every process. Every environment. Our vehicles continually set the benchmark for luxury, innovation and performance thanks to our unrivaled commitment to infinite detail. Join us within our Purchasing teams, and you’ll be the driving force behind it all.
Cost Engineering is an exciting department that plays a key role in our business. It is driven by a passion to deliver profitable growth, by partnering the business in all our operational functions. As a Cost Engineer, you'll be part of a dynamic team focused on specific vehicle commodities. It is the role of Cost Engineering to provide the business with robust, relevant and timely 'Should Cost' estimates as well as analysis, relating to any part or assembly, supplied for use in the production of Jaguar or Land Rover current or future vehicle models.
In your role you’ll:
· Deliver ‘Should Cost’ D&D estimates for a specific sub-set of parts
· Support the Purchase team in their negotiations with suppliers
· Identify and support the implementation of opportunities to reduce costs
· Influence relevant programmes and commodity directions by identifying and supporting the implementation of opportunities to reduce cost
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You must be able to demonstrate a consistent level of skills and ability for the following capabilities.
· A good knowledge of a wide variety of automotive components
· A good understanding of the Design and Development process, including the cost driving elements therein
· A good all-round knowledge of standard computer programmes
· Basic financial skills that would advantageous
· To be capable of developing productive relationships with people at all levels of our organisation
· Engineering degree would be desirable
JLR considers that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, JLR will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering, Automotive