Performance Technology in JP Morgan Asset Management requires a Technical Business Analyst to take a role in the development and rollout of a new Performance and Attribution platform. Working closely with the Global Portfolio Analysis Group, a strong technical business analyst will drive forward the implementation and integration of the new platform. The candidate should have experience of delivering large scale technology projects
This role is for a technical business analyst to participate in the EMEA implementation of a new in-house investment performance system (SPARTA). The successful candidate will be working with performance and front-office teams to capture their requirements and deliver the solution. They will integrate the new system with upstream and downstream systems including investment accounting platforms, reporting platforms, and portfolio management tools.
The analyst will capture requirements for business processes and workflows, design ETL processes, complete detailed data mappings, writing behavioural tests and plan and execute data migrations.
The role is technical, as part of an agile team, and the technical business analyst will work directly with the developers and will be using tools such as Pentaho, Drools, and R.
Develop and integrate investment performance platforms through:
· Capturing business requirements and writing user stories.
· Designing system integration processes, including ETL.
· Planning and executing data migrations.
· Fostering relationship with Performance and front-office teams.
· Modelling and designing business processes.
· Contributing to logical and physical data models.
· Defining and executing behavioural and functional tests.
· Contributing to planning and co-ordination of user testing.
· Writing system support documentation and wikis.
· Writing operation process documentation and wikis.
· Providing input to stand-ups, story sizing, sprint planning and retrospectives.
Contribute to level 3 support
· Diligent, high level of attention to detail.
· Excellent judgment and communication.
· Self motivated, fast learner, adaptable, team player.
· Capable of working autonomously with minimal management supervision.
· Committed, wants to make a difference.
· Idea generator, challenges the status quo.
· Confident and able to deal with demanding clients.
· Experience working with agile methods and practices (Scrum/XP preferred).
· Proficient using development team productivity tools (prefer Jira, Confluence, Git, Stash, SVN).
· Knowledge of performance measurement and attribution (Time-weighted and money-weighted returns, contribution, equity attribution, ex-poste statistics, and composites).
· Knowledge of investment accounting data and platforms (e.g. Eagle, InvestOne)
· Knowledge of performance platforms (e.g. B-One, DST Anova, Statpro).
· Knowledge of Behavior-Driven (BDD) approaches to software development (Cucumber or Fitnesse experience).
· Workflow and business process modelling tools (e.g. jBPM, Drools, Pentaho).
· Designing RESTful web services
· Messaging solutions (e.g. QPid, UM, Mule).
· Experience of R, or other similar statistical development packages.
· Hands-on development experience (Java environment preferred).
· Experience of working in a large global team.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grade - Associate
Closing Date - October 18, 2018