JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
This position is for a Site Reliability Engineer operations development engineer responsible for development and implementation of processes necessary to improve reliability along with operation support of the Integrated Compute Services (ICS). Integrated Compute Services (ICS) is a core service-oriented technology organization with a strong foundational base for efficient delivery of an integrated set of managed technology services.
· Must have programming backgrounds in Python/Java and a drive to improve production operations through automation. The workload for the position would comprise of infrastructure operations and software development
· Develop software to automate operational processes along with coding for the shared engineering backlog deliverables
· Diagnosis and remediate issues and engage with stakeholders as required
· Deploy, upgrade, configure and maintain the ICS automation platform
· Maintain and fix code for software components of ICS.
· Participate a shift model covering 24x7x365 support as needed
· Resolve day-to-day operational incidents. Including analyzing patterns of production incidents, develop permanent remediation plans, and implement automation to prevent future incidents from occurring through software development
· Experience with VMware ESXi (v4-6) running on Cisco UCS, HP or Dell hardware
· Experience with Redhat Linux
· Thorough knowledge and experience with the VMware product set including the VMware vRealize Suite (Operations Manager and Orchestrator)
· Experience of data manipulation tools such as Excel or Microsoft SQL server, and analytic tools such as Elasticsearch and Kibana
· Ability to develop and maintain peer/client/customer relationships underpinned by a service oriented approach to work.
· An understanding of ITIL concepts (foundation knowledge or above) and the ability to engage with JPMC established incident, problem and change management processes and procedures.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
· A willingness to work to a flexible work schedule with the possibility of international travel.
· Ability to perform in a highly pressurized and changing work environment.
· Degree level education or equivalent acceptable.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer