Quality Assurance Analyst
Business Area Description
Investment Bank Rates Technology provides end to end technology solutions for the structuring, sales, trading and processing for exotic and hybrid, interest rate, FX, equity, options and swaps derivatives traded in the Investment Bank. The business is highly dependent on innovation and speed to market of technology solutions.
Testing Analyst - focusing on the delivery of regression test packs against and aggressive release cycles. Seeking a bright testing analyst to join our technology team in central Glasgow, working on a large risk management application (Kapital) that supports our Rates derivatives business globally.
The role will include test execution and comparison, defect management, problem solving, debugging, coding, delivery of test results, and active involvement in team discussions and the agile process.
The candidate should have:
· Experience in the full software testing lifecycle.
· Experience working in Agile teams or similar.
· Ability to adapt quickly to new environment and progress quickly up a steep learning curve.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, team player with the ability to take ownership of problems/issues and follow through to resolution.
· Detail oriented.
· Familiarity with object orientated design.
· Strong documentation skills, capable of writing test plans with detailed test case design.
· Excellent communication skills- liaison with business and technical teams is crucial.
· Coding/Scripting experience.
· Exposure to Smalltalk.
· Exposure to Unix.
· Investment banking/financial background.
· Experience in testing O/O applications.
· Experience of working in a globally distributed application.
· Bachelors degree with honours in either computer science, maths or natural sciences or a Postgraduate/Masters in Computing Science or similar
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: September 10, 2018