* Become proficient in Python, and the Athena platform’s NoSql OO database, graph-oriented development model and developer toolset
* Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and push components to production
* Work closely with customers and analysts to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes, research, evaluate & recommend alternative solutions.
* Conduct design & code reviews in a Continuous Deployment environment
* Write supporting documentation and executable specifications.
* Plan delivery of work, including creating story plans, and being an active member of team stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint planning
* Support system testing, user testing and production implementation.
* Ensure compliance across the team with project methodology and Information Risk policies
* Incorporate team and firm-wide architectural standards into design.
* Care as much about code quality, test coverage and domain modelling as we do
* Developers proud of their code and ability to get things done needed to build global risk & transaction management system for fixed income securities on a Python with a NoSql database platform using a fully automatic test and continuous deployment tool-chain. If you want to put your Python skills to great use, or move on from Java/C++/C#/Perl/Ruby, then this could be the role for you.
o Object oriented analysis and development
o Interpersonal skills for effective working in a globally distributed team
o Automated unit testing, refactoring
o Continuous Integration
o NoSql databases, e.g. Cassandra, BigTable
o SQL and relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
o XML and related technologies ( XML Schema, XPath )
o Message oriented middleware ( e.g. MQSeries )
o Socket programming
o Automated Acceptance Testing / Specification By Example / BDD
o Graph-oriented programming
o Memory and CPU profiling
o Reactive Programming / Complex Event Processing
* Desirable Business Knowledge:
o Product knowledge of Fixed Income Securities ( bonds, options, futures )
o Electronic trading markets and protocols ( e.g. FIX )
o Pricing and Risk analytics, PnL calculation
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran