Athena is a next generation risk, pricing, trade management, and research platform created by JP Morgan's Investment Bank.
We are looking to hire experienced software engineers to work in our Platform Kernel team – a highly-skilled, business-aligned team of technologists responsible for fundamental aspects of the Athena platform. The team develops and integrates low level components utilized by users of all systems within Athena.
The role will ensure leading position of Athena in adoption of latest advance in compilers and computation technology. Work with open source and vendor packages will require bringing such packages to stability and functionality required by JP Morgan. Work on platform modernization will involve investigation of performance of internal and third party software on new systems architecture and new compilers. Responsibilities will include ensuring correct operation of libraries, contributing changes to open source projects, customization, and staging of code released within JP Morgan. A successful candidate must be comfortable working in an agile development environment, with high demand for stability and production controls.
· Investigate and resolve stability and performance aspect of third party libraries.
· Ensure consistent and correct use of fundamental libraries.
· Identify and resolve compatibility and performance issues related to introduction of new software architectures, updates to C++ compiler s and updates to Python interpreter.
· Ensure adoption of JP Morgan improvements to open source libraries
· Experience in software development on multiple operating systems, including Linux and Microsoft Windows.
· Expertize in C/C++ development. Commercial development in multiple programming languages.
· Expertize in Python and in integration of Python with C / C++ is desirable.
· Strong development and system troubleshooting development skills, solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
· Working knowledge of operating systems, including performance consideration, library loading mechanisms and multithreading.
· Use and troubleshooting of open source and vendor libraries.
· Experience with multiple revision controls systems. Git and SVN experience is preferred.
· Experience with modern debuggers and profilers.
· Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran