The Electronic Trading Services (ETS) team is a full service infrastructure delivery team supporting technology infrastructure design, implementation & operations within the Sustained Engineering team in Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI).
ETS is going through a transformation effort to a Site/System Reliability Engineering (SRE) model. We are looking for network engineers with experience with coding and software development to kick off our journey. An ETS SRE will be primarily responsible for overseeing the electronic trading environment and ensuring availability through change management, monitoring, and capacity planning in a highly automated system. This resource is responsible for collecting business and technical requirements, engaging with industry partners, and producing solution design to meet the specified requirements. The resource is responsible for the build, configuration, and on-going hygiene of the network estate, with special emphasis being placed on the automation of the processes/workload in support of the above. This resource will need to have the ability to submit outage/issue/incident data into a design and hygiene feedback loop to ensure maximum automation and outage avoidance.
This resource is responsible for ensuring that the proper Performance and Capacity analysis is performed on those designs during their lifecycles. Additionally, they are responsible for planning and the execution of Proof of Concept (POC) exercises in support of the vendor selection phase of the solution design cycle. An ETS SRE performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the overall application infrastructure (server, network, storage, third-party appliance, etc.) meets or exceeds ETS or broader standards of performance and user satisfaction. An ETS SRE is a trusted advisor to the Business and AD community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintaining a thorough understanding of advanced concepts in the fields of:
· Network architecture and protocols (TCP/IP, Security, Routing, HTTP/HTTPS, VPNs, load-balancing, LAN vs. MAN vs. WAN, disparate Layer 1 technologies, etc.)
· The requirements and unique constraints associated with high frequency/low latency trading environments
· Latency monitoring concepts and relevant industry solutions
· Designing, implementing, supporting and troubleshooting complex network environments.
· Responding to inquiries from business users, AD staff, ETS staff, internal administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support whenever necessary.
· Troubleshooting malfunctions of network and server hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues and restore services.
· Developing and deploying automated solutions in support of standard Operational processes
· Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
· Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
· Be Cisco certified to Associate (CCNA) or Professional (CCNP) level
· Good experience with network security operating systems (Cisco, Arista, CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet etc.)
· Knowledge of latency monitoring concepts and relevant industry solutions – hands-on Corvil and SolarWinds experience will be a huge advantage
· Proven experience as a Networks Engineer within a low-latency networks environment
· Experience working in a banking, exchange or technology type environment within a global organization.
· Coding experience - Perl, Python, Ruby, shell
· Experience with a configuration management tool a plus - Puppet, Ansible, Chef
· Ability to communicate in an understandable, professional, and courteous manner, both written and verbal, at a level commensurate with the level of the audience
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment contained within a much larger functional organization
· Education – BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer