Java Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
· Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
· Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
· Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languagesJava; Spring; Cloud; Rational Databases; Hibernate
· Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
· Experience in developing fast-paced, high performance, high throughput, low latency, distributed systems
· Experience in frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Ibatis, Maven
· Familiarity with Test Driven Development practices – Unit testing, Mocking frameworks (EasyMock, Mockito, PowerMock)
· Familiarity with Agile software development lifecycle and best practices like Scrum
· Familiarity with real time messaging concepts and technologies – Qpid, JMS
· Familiarity with our chosen next generation technologies Angular JS, HTML5 and Cassandra
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.