As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) is looking for a Full Stack Java developer to work in the EDPI Core team in Glasgow, adding new features to the platform to serve the 4500 developers across the organisation. EDPI is a data platform which currently serves 1 million data requests daily, giving core data to our front, middle and back-office systems across Asset and Wealth Management.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· In EDPI we care about making data easy to explore and access, we are changing and evolving the EDPI platform so that any core data is simply a web service call away
· We need you to help build the features which will make it as easy as possible for developers to access the data they need, no matter what tech stack they use
· Remove blockers and paperwork from data access is the main focus of the EDPI team
· EDPI Developers are keen problem solvers who work on the creation of new user features whilst also tuning the platform to best leverage new and existing tools
· The knowledge to write testable and flexible code in Java
· An understanding of RDBMS and NoSQL databases
· The motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools
· A skills to understand a problem so that you find the best solution
· Experience with deploying application to Gaia or other cloud platforms
· A working knowledge of Angular.js or React.js
· Hands on experience with MongoDB
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.