Description de l'offre
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
Who we are
The Commodities, Currencies and Emerging Markets (CCEM) Production Management team is responsible for the reliability and resiliency of the application stack that supports the trade booking, risk management and post-trade execution processing for those businesses. Our team interacts directly with Front Office traders and our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. Our team is in the thick of it, ensuring the trading platforms are available, that any downtime is swiftly remediated and that we avoid repeat failures. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
What we need
We are looking for an Associate to join the team to support our Athena Platform. Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
The role requires a technically strong and disciplined technologist, especially one with experience of site reliability engineering (SRE) principles and DevOps. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of the Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. A high level of interaction with the business is required as applications are revenue generating and directly used by the businesses globally.
· Experience in performant, large-scale system development in an object-oriented or functional language such as Python, Java, C++ or C#.
· Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language.
· An understanding of SRE/DevOps principles, underpinned by practical experience of implementing stability, reliability and automation-first objectives in large scale, complex systems.
· Experience in finance or investment banking as an application developer preferred, or willingness to rapidly learn the business domain.
· Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently and credibly with business users, to understand and agree business requirements and their prioritisation.
· Ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment.
· Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base.