Application Support - Equities Derivatives - F&O
We are looking for an experienced applications support resource that will be tasked to demonstrate technical and operational expertise to the North America Equities businesses of JPMorgan. The role requires working closely with both technology and business units to ensure the timely analysis and resolution of issues raised in these businesses on a day to day basis. These businesses deal in a range of activities including algorithmic trading of equities to risk management of complex exotic products, with the help of several integrated applications.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
Provide day-to-day technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability for the Front Office / Middle Office applications.
Support applications for end to end trade lifecycle including algorithmic trading, trade execution and booking, market data, derivatives risk management, etc.
Establish working relationships with other members of the Production Management team in other regions and across the organization as appropriate.
Work with Application Development (AD) teams to implement fixes and improve stability.
Help in defining capacity and resiliency requirement metrics and failover/BCP capabilities in partnership with business and AD to improve reliability, stability and capacity management.
Help monitor and improve monitoring of the trading application suite and proactively fix potential issues.
Develop strong partnerships and communication channels with the businesses, AD, Plan and other team members.
Translate production issues into technical defects and work on defect management.
Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners.
Engage with project teams through the project life, more towards go-live to ensure successful delivery.
Technical skills, knowledge and experience
· Strong experience in production support or application development in the financial services industry
· Equities and Derivatives product knowledge
· Good understanding of programming fundamentals
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience in supporting Derivatives Risk & Trade management platforms
· Working knowledge of SQL and stored procedures (experience with Sybase Database preferred)
· Working knowledge of UNIX (experience with Linux preferred)
· Strong software and business systems design, analysis, development and support skills preferred
· Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, providing clear problem descriptions
· Proven complex problem solving/management skills and a strong eye for detail
· Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
· Ability to handle multiple competing tasks in an ordered manner, prioritizing to ensure business deliverables are met even under stressful situations
· Exhibit leadership behavior which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran