Dev Ops Engineer/Application Support - Associate
Glasgow Technology Centre
This role provides the opportunity to be part of a newly established Level 3 dev/support team in Glasgow. The role involves Level 3 production support, deep diving into technical issues that the Level 1 and 2 Operate teams cannot resolve, as well as designing and coding solutions to recurring issues and implementing enhancements to the suite of applications we work on. You will work alongside others based in this team and report to the Team Lead, all of whom are also based in Glasgow. This team forms part of a Global Level 3 team for the group, with peer teams in India and the US, providing full round the clock coverage on a follow the sun model.
· Investigate and resolve production issues which Operate need technical assistance with.
· Drive Improvements in resiliency to reduce the number of issues.
· Build DevOps tools for monitoring, metrics capture and implement application fixes to prevent recurring issues.
· Report to a local Team Lead, partner with peer teams in India and the US to ensure a seamless follow the sun model of support
· Accountability to own a production issue and see it through to resolution, communicating with development, operate, users, stakeholders
· Initiative to suggest and drive process improvement.
· Excellent problem solving ability and able to search log files for exceptions, debug and step through code.
· Solid communication skills, both verbally and written, able to articulate themselves well and focus on the key issue.
· Accountability to own a production issue and see it through to resolution.
· Strong Java programming skills, covering Java 7/8, Spring, common web frameworks and able to write good quality tests.
· Knowledge of JMS implementations, point-to-point and publish-subscribe, capable of investigating potential issues with messages.
· Able to use Maven, Jenkins, GIT and and understand how a Maven project is structured, built and deployed.
· Experience in Linux and basic shell scripting.
· Competency with SQL queries and understanding PL/SQL stored procedures.
· Financial Services industry experience.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 29th August 2018