Description de l'offre
EMEA is a region of more than 20K+ employees, with its business hub offices in London and Bournemouth and smaller branch offices (25+ offices) spread across Europe, Middle East and Africa. The company has a very busy growth agenda throughout the region.
As part of wider Global Technology function, Enterprise Technology consists of five main organizations - Global Technology Infrastructure, Cloud Services, the Chief Technology Office, and Strategy & PMO. Enterprise Technology Cybersecurity and Technology Controls team is responsible for the delivery of all CTC services to the Enterprise Technology teams.
ET CTC EMEA Analyst will be a part of wider Enterprise Technology Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (ET CTC) organization and will providing the regional coverage in line with the global coverage model. As the ET CTC EMEA Analyst, you will drive controls agenda within the region by aligning to existing firm-wide risk drivers. You will also partner with technologists, different CTC teams, the local and global management teams to ensure effective controls are in place and any issues are progressed to completion. You will strongly influence people in remediating and escalating issues to other ET and LOB technology management teams globally as well as the wider CTC management team. The role is key in driving effective controls by ensuring they are effectively implemented and measured against an ever evolving regulatory backdrop.
TheET CTC EMEA Analystrole is an Associate level role and represents a key function within the ET EMEA controls agenda. The role is based in the Bournemouth and reports to the Enterprise Technology Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (ET CTC) lead for the EMEA region. This role is intended to provide a strengthened controls position within the ET technology teams by providing an effective first line of defense. You will interact closely with ET technology teams in EMEA as well as other regional CTC teams and LOB teams. A significant part of the role involves working with internal audit and working with the regulatory engagement teams to fulfill external regulatory or external engagements.
You need to be able to successfully balance the demands of ET operations with the need to ensure that standard IT policies are met. The tougher regulatory environment is resulting in tighter risk and controls and these can be particularly challenging to maintain in the branches, where there is so much diversity and the teams need to be aligned to the global organization.
The role is broad in nature and will involve working with the EMEA locations on controls initiatives, audits, controls testing, controls assessments and providing support and consultation to the technology managers with their controls agenda. Reporting and governance is also a key part of the role to ensure controls are being measured and monitored.
Key skills & Attributes
· Must demonstrate strong analytical skills
· Manage escalations and response to issues
· Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, to both technology and business leaders
· Delivery and Execution focused
· Experience managing a geographically distributed and culturally diverse organisation
· Mentoring and working as part of a close knit team
· Take ownership and accountability for all related activities
· Stays current with emerging technologies related to respective technology domain.
· Works closely with the local application support teams on emerging issues
· Ensure regional compliance to all corporate, regulatory and legal requirements.
· Provide an easier, smoother experience in line with customers’ raised expectations in regard to the level of service they receive, “obsess about the customer”
· Demonstrate experience in automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence and the value of reference data
· Experience in at least one programming language and sound understanding of Dev Ops/SRE
Key Performance Indicators
· Delivery of key metrics analytics for GTI EMEA
· Successful audit experiences
· Delivery of key controls initiatives
· Effective escalations of controls related issues
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer