As part of JP Morgan's Corporate Technology division, the RDT Operate team provides technology support for Corporate Reference Data systems Including Asset Pricing and Instrument Reference Data, Client Onboarding and Client Reference Data, Account Maintenance, Document Management, Financial Reference Data and Reference Data Distribution.
We are seeking an individual to provide production support for this large suite of applications. Qualified candidates must have experience in a Unix/ Oracle environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in application development or infrastructure support with a desire to develop their existing technical skills to become an application support expert.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Business, Operations and Technology stakeholders
- Develop strong technical expertise in Reference Data Technology and applications
- Deliver effective application support with inherent capability to perform issue investigation and resolution across wide
range of applications and technology stacks within the agreed SLAs
- Perform timely management and escalation of critical production environment incidents and proactively identify patterns
of recurring incidents
- Identify opportunities to improve service capabilities across the application suite
- Develop and utilize core teams, tools and processes to perform work whilst improving day to day practices for other team
- Incident Management - Manage & escalate production incidents to ensure that resolution targets are met
- Problem Management - Root Cause analysis, documentation and tracking of corrective actions
- Resiliency Management - Plan, Execute and Document Business Continuity processes including HA/SR/DR
- Production Monitoring - Ensure effective systems are in place to detect application and infrastructure problems
- Production Support - Day to day support of application issues reported by Clients, Operations and Technology partners
- Release Management - Plan, resource and execute weekend and intraweek application deployment activities
- Continuous Improvement - Identify and implement opportunities to improve stability and enhance service delivery
Qualification & Experience:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Strong experience in Technology.
- Production support experience
- Application development experience/ Infrastructure support experience
- Red Hat Linux, Oracle 11g/12c, Sybase;
- Experience of middle tier technologies and Informatica
- Scripting & Job scheduling technologies Control-M & Autosys
- ITIL certification
- Experience of Financial Services/Reference Data/Market Data Technologies is desired but not essential
Additional qualifications include:
- Communication Skills - Clear written and confident verbal communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills - Developed analytical and problem solving techniques; Structured approach to decision making
based on rational analysis.
- Client Service - Client Focused; able to build positive working relationships, providing realistic information and managing
- Industry Understanding - previous experience of Investment Banking industry preferable
Teamwork and co-operation - Ability to gel and work in a team oriented environment; able to work closely with technology
- Initiative - ability to think proactively
- Management - Good Time Management & project management skills
- Energy - Ability to multitask and work effectively under high pressure