Department and Role Summary Description:
As part of the Global Mobility (GM) team of Corporate Compensation, the EMEA Expatriate team provides specific subject matter expertise on all assignment and relocation related matters across the EMEA region.
The Expatriate Tax Specialist is responsible for managing EMEA income tax compliance matters for expatriate employees and permanent transferees, and providing advisory services to the wider HR community, expatriates and permanent transferees with consideration to GM policies. The individual will work alongside Global Mobility Advisors and report to the EMEA Expatriate Tax Manager.
This is a challenging role that requires strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively solve tax related issues and advise key stakeholders. The ability to understand and clearly communicate issues and provide solutions is critical for success, as are flexibility, multi-tasking ability and strong time management skills to ensure multiple deadlines are met.
· Subject matter expert for EMEA income tax and social security related aspects of international and UK domestic mobility for the team, employees, HR community and business managers.
· Manage the HMRC’s Short Term Business Visitors annual reporting process.
· Work closely with Global Mobility Advisors and get involved in assignment planning to identify ways to structure assignments effectively in EMEA locations from tax, social security and cost perspectives.
· Advise on home and host country tax withholding requirements for termination payments.
· Assess cross functional implications of cross border workers and business travellers, and analyse income tax and social security implications.
· Day to day contact point in EMEA for the global tax services vendor.
· Coordinate EMEA tax season including tax authorisation list and international compensation data review, year-end compensation reporting (e.g., P11D and PSA), tax reimbursement and payment processes.
· Assist with the annual year end process in determining home and host country tax and social security withholding requirements.
· Provide tax advisory support to UK Expatriate Payroll including RTI, HMRC tax agreements (e.g., Appendices 5, 6, and 7 and S690) and social security agreements.
· Keep updated on tax changes that may affect any aspect of international assignment for inbound and outbound EMEA assignees and share relevant information appropriately.
· Preferably ATT or CTA qualified with at least 3 years experience in expatriate tax or international mobility environment
· Understanding of or experience in managing the HMRC Short-Term Business Visitors annual reporting process
· Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Able to speak clearly and confidently at all levels and able to convey technical information in layman terms
· Strong project management skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong Excel skills
· Creative problem solver
· Exposure to EMEA tax or compensation and benefits would be advantageous
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer