Description de l'offre
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (“GFCC”) is responsible for developing the requirements and standards for the Firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs. GFCC is comprised of core functions, business-aligned and regional teams.
GFCC officers work cooperatively with the other global functions and businesses to identify, assess, and quantify the level of risk associated with the firm’s products, services, customers, transactions, and geographic locations to develop appropriate policies, procedures, and processes to monitor, control, and mitigate the associated risks.
The team’s role is part of the financial crime objective to:
· Identify suspicious activity and report to law enforcement
· Prevent clients being on boarded or being maintained that create money laundering or reputational risk to JPMC
· Ensure JPMC does not maintain accounts or facilitate transactions involving sanctioned countries, parties or individuals.
As part of the Global Financial Crime Compliance team, the EMEA Sanctions Compliance team is responsible for ensuring compliance with the firm's global sanctions program, advising the various LOBs on sanctions issues, conducting sanctions investigations, coordinating the day-to-day compliance with U.S. sanctions program within the region, as well as being the global point of contact for compliance with the UK, EU and other sanctions programs which operate across the various booking locations within the EMEA region.
The team works in partnership with colleagues in LOB Compliance, US and Asia Compliance, local EMEA in-country Compliance teams and the lines of business.
The successful candidate will work as part of the EMEA Sanctions Compliance team within Global Sanctions Compliance (“GSC”).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform the overall sanctions assessment of client Know Your Customer (“KYC”) due diligence files for a variety of high risk Wholesale Banking clients (including financial institutions such as broker dealers, foreign correspondent banks and money remitters).
· Provide advice to relationship managers and internal KYC stakeholders on due diligence requirements to help mitigate sanctions related client risk.
· Support client relationship managers with matters requiring escalation to LOB governance forums.
· Representing EMEA Sanctions Compliance at governance forums including client risk escalation.
· Escalate client block and reject transaction information to client relationship managers.
· Participate in client due diligence meetings.
· Develop a good working knowledge of HMT, EU, OFAC and other sanctions programs in order to support ad hoc queries raised by business partners and their customers.
· Work without supervision and act on own initiative to identify tasks to be undertaken.
· Identify and implement improvements to team functionality, processes and procedures, and controls.
· Lead and/or participate in project teams and other performance improvement initiatives.
Requirements / Qualifications
· Knowledge of KYC due diligence requirements advantageous.
· Relevant experience of Compliance activities particularly in relation to AML / Sanctions (preferred) and / or paralegal work advantageous.
· Interest in subject matter and background knowledge in world political and economic events as it impacts foreign policy objectives useful.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required or evidence of comparableacademic / work achievement
· Ability to work effectively with key internal stakeholders to ensure all requirements are achieved
· Analytical mind
· Excellent attention to detail
· Demonstrated skills in risk assessment. The ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate, in regard of AML or sanction risk
· Problem solving and issue management skills
· Strong interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
· Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes.
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
· Proven in-depth PC skills and agood working knowledge of Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Visio.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer