EMEA Compliance – Global Financial Crimes - Sanctions Compliance Investigations and Advisory – Associate (602)
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) is responsible for developing and implementing the requirements and standards for the Firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs. The team’s activities help deliver the financial crime objective to:
· Identify suspicious activity and report to law enforcement
· Prevent clients being on boarded or being maintained that create money laundering, sanctions or other financial crimes related reputational risk to JPMC
· Ensure JPMC does not maintain accounts or facilitate transactions involving sanctioned countries, entities or individuals.
As part of GFCC, the EMEA Sanctions Compliance team is responsible for ensuring compliance with the firm's global sanctions processes. This includes advising the various LOBs on sanctions issues, conducting sanctions investigations, providing sanctions oversight, and handling sanctions escalations within the EMEA region. The team coordinates day-to-day compliance with U.S. sanctions program within the region, as well as being the global point of contact for compliance with non-US sanctions programs – such as UK, EU and other local sanctions programs – that operate across the various booking locations within the EMEA region.
The Advisory and Investigations team, which sits within the EMEA Sanctions Compliance team, acts as the main escalation point for complex enquiries, investigations and other Sanctions issues raised by colleagues within EMEA Regional Sanctions team and internal stakeholders across various Lines of Business, Compliance or other teams. The team works in partnership with colleagues in US and Asia Compliance, local EMEA in-country Compliance teams and AML Investigations team, screening units, and client focused staff in the lines of business.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Continually maintain and develop a good working knowledge of HMT, EU, OFAC and other EMEA sanctions programs in order to provide appropriate advice and direction to colleagues in sales, product development, operations and technology teams across multiple LOBs in the region, on sanctions related issues as it impacts their products and clients.
· Partner with colleagues in sales, product development, operations and technology teams across all LOBs and locations within the EMEA region to give advisory guidance as a key point of reference into the different sanctions’ programs impact on various projects, system changes, new and expanded business initiatives, new and existing products and payment channels.
· Review and provide advice on trade finance related escalations received by the Advisory and Investigations team
· Review and provide advice on Ukraine and Russia-related Proxy Voting screening escalations received by the Advisory and Investigations team.
· Support the preparation and delivery of suitable training and/or advisory materials on Sanctions related matters for use both internally within Sanctions Compliance, for colleagues in sales, product development, operations and technology, or with external clients, as required.
· Build good working relationship with colleagues in Global Sanctions Compliance and escalate sanctions issues with OFAC impact as appropriate
· Adhere to regular controls and procedures to ensure that a zero-tolerance environment for sanctions breaches is maintained.
· Investigate potential breaches in EMEA of U.S and regional sanctions programs, working with colleagues across EMEA, US and Asia GFCC and other Compliance teams, local EMEA in-country Compliance, Legal and client focused staff across multiple lines of business.
· Investigate the potential sanctions exposure presented by the resubmission of previously rejected or cancelled transactions where data appears to have been omitted in order to evade sanctions detection.
· If required, prepare draft disclosures of potential sanctions violations to regulatory bodies within EMEA in partnership with GFC Legal and relevant ICCO, LSO.
· Provide support for engagement with annual audit and RCSA review process.
· Prepare materials for, and occasionally present cases to, the EMEA Financial Crime Monitoring Committee (“FCMC”).
Requirements / Qualifications
· Knowledge of banking / payment processing, especially familiarity with SWIFT payment message structures required.
· Relevant experience of Compliance activities particularly in relation to AML/ Sanctions preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required or evidence of comparableacademic / work achievement
· Interest in subject matter and background knowledge in world political and economic events as it impacts foreign policy objectives useful.
· Analytical mind
· Investigative skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Demonstrated skills in risk assessment. The ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate, in regard of AML or sanction risk
· Problem management skills
· Strong interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
· Able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision
· Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes.
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
· Proven in-depth PC skills, good working knowledge of excel/access would be advantageous.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”