EMEA - Compliance - AML Investigations – Analyst - Bournemouth
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (“GFCC”) Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) Investigations Team is responsible for identification, investigation and reporting of suspicious transactions. The team investigates AML alerts and cases for Europe, Middle East & Africa (“EMEA”) booked business to support decision making in regard of filing Suspicious Activity Reports to law enforcement.
The AML Investigations Team is primarily responsible for timely review, investigation and disposition of AML alerts/cases.
This role is within our team responsible for investigating cross line of business AML alerts/cases. The team works in partnership with colleagues in US and Asia Compliance, EMEA in-country Compliance/GFCC teams and client-focused staff in the lines of business.
The alerts/cases result from:
Systemic alerts/cases generated by the core transaction monitoring platform
Referrals from other sources such as the business, law enforcement or other financial institutions
Proactive investigations arising from self-generated leads or Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”) initiatives
· Primarily responsible for ensuring that assigned alerts/cases are investigated and dispositioned within expected timeframes
· Undertake client and company research using in-house databases and publicly available information to identify whether the activity is unusual
· Prepare unusual activity cases to be presented to the EMEA Financial Crimes Monitoring Committee (“FCMC”) meeting with relevant country Money Laundering Reporting Officers (“MLROs”)
· Draft Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”) for submission to Law Enforcement
· Actively develop knowledge of criminal methods and AML typologies, applying these characteristics through interrogation of transaction data to identify unusual activity
· Develop subject matter expertise through knowledge, research and training, leading to new investigative approaches to uncover unusual activity
· Participate in ad hoc projects and enhanced reviews, including supporting regulatory enquiries and line of business Compliance
· Participate in the development of goals and execution of strategies within the department
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer