The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. seeks an additional transactions lawyer in London to support its Treasury Services business in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. Treasury Services is a top-ranked, full service provider of cash and liquidity management, payment, clearing, collection, escrow, payment card, and information solutions to more than 135,000 corporate and institutional clients globally. JP Morgan Treasury Services employs more than 14,000 staff in over 60 countries around the world and provides a full range of market-leading solutions to support the treasury activity of corporations and financial institutions globally. The Legal Department of JP Morgan Chase & Co. comprises over 1800 professionals globally.
Role and Department information: The role sits within the Legal Department of JP Morgan supporting the Treasury Services business for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Based in London, this role will be primarily responsible for the negotiation and administration of non-standard client contracts within the Treasury Services business. This role manages the legal documentation negotiation process with clients in conjunction with internal partners in sales, implementation, technology, product management, credit, risk, compliance and client services. The successful candidate will be expected to appropriately engage business partners (where approvals or expertise is required), provide contracts administration and tracking of negotiations and approvals, and provide advice and training to business partners on documentation related matters. It is expected that there will be additional responsibilities to provide legal support for broader product and business initiatives of the Treasury Services business and the legal department.
· responsible for end to end deal management of negotiated transactions, navigating internal process and coordination on behalf of the client to reach timely and successful execution of documentation.
· responsible for interpreting client needs and documentation requirements from information provided by internal business partners
· negotiate standard and customized contracts that minimize the risk to the business through strict adherence to policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
· responsible for obtaining and tracking internal documentation exception approvals
· responsible for coordination of documentation globally, for clients with presence in multiple regions
· provide tracking on status of contracts by maintaining up-to-date transaction information and providing reporting
· responsible for performing global research to assess existing documentation status for a client and to determine ongoing documentation requirements
· analyse existing legal documents for conformance to the Bank's policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
· advising on legal and regulatory issues affecting Treasury Services products
· providing guidance and training to TS product, documentation, client service, implementation and operations units
· communicate effectively with internal business partners
· contribute to the development and maintenance of negotiation guidelines, training materials and procedures
· coordinating and managing engagement of external counsel.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in EU/ home country
· Degree in law
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent qualification the EU/ home country
· While commercial transactions experience would be helpful, recently qualified solicitors or lawyers with equivalent qualifications may apply as well
· Experience in banking and/or financial services law or equivalent experience both in private practice and in house would be a plus but is not essential
· Excellent drafting and negotiating skills
· Ability to handle a large and diverse workload
· Excellent communication skills.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.