J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Highbridge Capital Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture and enterprise data solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group is looking for a user-experience designer to drive the continuous improvement of our internal applications. The successful candidate will join a specialized user experience team who partners with the product owners and their development teams on a range of business critical web applications serving a global user base.
The UX Designer will be an effective, collaborative team player and is responsible for:
· Creating and communicating user-driven innovative designs to key stake holders and the development team.
· Defining every aspect of the user experience including overall flow, the layout of the application, how data and content is presented and visualized and how a user will interact with the application.
· Organising and running user interviews, workshops and focus groups with users on current applications and wireframes.
· Engaging with business to ensure UX designs are in line with business deliverables
· Working closely with development teams to ensure requirements are clearly communication, actionable and have implemented as specified.
· Working well with product managers and product owners and existing team business analysts and be able to work with teams to steer requirements backed with user testing.
· Comfortable using a wide range of drawing and prototyping tools
· Demonstrate experience in different of delivery platforms – including web and mobile
· Gather requirements from product managers and users
· Observe and document user’s behaviour
· Document high-level requirements for complex financial workflows
· Analyse and document highly complex systems from multiple sources – from interviews to statistical reports
· Research and present quantitative and qualitative research on user’s behaviour
· Document and communicate user’s needs to product and technical teams
· Bring the user alive to physically distant product and development teams
· Describe and document new structures and workflows – through appropriate methods including wireframes and prototypes
· Recall and research appropriate design patterns for interaction problems
· Create new screen design alongside user-interface designers
· Prototype and iterate options quickly
· Document and maintain style guides
· Give feedback to developers as applications are built in an agile environment
· Lead and organise usability testing of your designs through local and remote methods
· Communicate test findings and propose solutions
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.