JPMorgan Chase Overview
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Commercial Banking Overview
Commercial Banking offers clients the convenience and vast banking network of Chase, combined with the thought leadership and global financial capabilities of J.P. Morgan. We deliver extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to more than 24,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, equipment finance, real estate finance, treasury services and provide clients with access to the investment services of J.P. Morgan.
Corporate Client Banking Overview
The role is part of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries within the Commercial Bank and is responsible for managing relationships with public and private companies with revenues of $500 million and above. This group provides traditional corporate banking products as well as investment banking products to its clients. Our business partners include product specialists from Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, Treasury Services, Corporate Derivatives and Private Banking.
The position is a corporate banking Relationship Management role in the Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries Banking Group, with a heavy emphasis on business development and market leadership. The primary functions are to
· generate new business opportunities
· represent our new UK banking practice
· manage existing client relationships
This position requires an experienced relationship manager capable of driving business independently. The banker should have proven client relationship skills and an ability to call at the CEO/CFO level. Strong corporate finance, credit, and transaction execution skills are required. Corporate Banking and Investment Banking experience is preferred. Prior banking experience in the UK is preferred, with strong knowledge of the local market.
· Identify, pursue and close solution opportunities for clients/prospects utilizing a broad range of financial products and services
· Manage complex, multi-product client relationships as the primary relationship manager
· Coordinate the business acquisition, implementation and service efforts of multiple internal business partners
· Proactively market clients and prospects; represent CCBSI’s European Banking Group in the local banking and business communities and develop a network of referral sources
· Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring, negotiation, and documentation of credit requests
· Initiate and maintain strategic dialogue with clients and prospects to generate ongoing corporate finance, treasury services and credit opportunities
· Strictly comply with all regulatory and JPMC rules, policies, and procedures
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
· Extensive experience as an outstanding Client / Relationship Manager selling corporate finance or commercial banking products and services
· Strong knowledge of the UK Mid Cap Market
· Knowledge and experience in Corporate Banking or Investment Banking is preferred
· Prior banking experience working in the UK.
· Strong knowledge of the UK market
· Fluent English language skills
· Strong leadership abilities in financial services sales and business development
· Solid credit, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communications abilities
· Knowledge of credit, corporate finance, treasury, investment banking, and other banking products; preferably with execution experience
· Self-motivated, dependable and intelligent
· Candidate must be a top individual contributor, with a strong performance track record
· Completion of a recognized bank credit training program or investment banking training program
· MBA preferred
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer