Cyber security is chartered with managing and directing the security programs focused on the discipline of cyber security design, implementation, analytics, threats, monitoring, response, and investigation across the organization. Our core services are focused on assuring the security of the computing environment, protecting customer and employee confidential information, and complying with regulatory requirements globally. This is accomplished through strong information risk governance, active collaboration with business risk managers, and providing high quality security solutions and services which enable improving the organization's overall risk posture.
The Cloud Security Engineer will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co security solutions for our cloud environments. The successful candidate will work within the Security Engineering team, in partnership with the firm’s Architecture, Security Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied applications. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of practical networking, development, engineering, administration, information technology, and security skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the cloud security platforms
· Help develop new cloud security strategies and implementations for the firm
· Champion a devops security model so that security is automated and elastic across all platforms
· Support the Firm’s goals in secure cloud adoption through hands on interaction with development teams to cultivate a cloud first mindset in transitioning workloads
· Core security fundamentals and knowledge
· Public/Private Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware, OpenStack)
· Understanding of core concepts for Public/Private/Hybrid clouds (networking, security groups, IAM, etc.)
· In-Depth OS Experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server)
· Understanding of networking (ports/protocols), firewalls, load balancers and IPS
· Programming Skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Go)
· Understanding of host based security and tooling
· Knowledge of the latest cloud security trends and tools in the market
· Willingness to learn new technologies in a rapidly changing environment
· Dev tools experience (Github, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.)
· Security tools automation experience
· Security analytics experience
· Understanding encryption and the principles/practices behind it
· Experience with compliance standards and/or programs (FISMA, PCI, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53 Rev 4)
· Experience in a security operations role (logging, monitor, incident response)
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.