CIB – Securitized Products Group – Real Estate Finance Analytics – Associate
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Within the Global Securitized Products Group, Members of the Analytics team work with various groups within the company and counterparties outside the firm to analyze residential mortgage loans and manage the analytical processes to facilitate the purchase, sale, financing and securitization of residential mortgage loans. The candidate will gain exposure to mortgage loans in various capacities including all aspects of residential mortgage loan transactions, managing business relationships with internal and external counterparties and valuable insight into the purchase, sale, financing, valuation and securitization of residential mortgage loans.
· Conduct quantitative analyses and provide the underlying research necessary for client and investor presentations.
· Work with various trading and research teams to provide comprehensive coverage support for institutional investors.
· Learn and apply a disciplined and systematic approach to covering all asset classes and providing clients with extensive economic, credit and relative-value research.
· Assess risk, liquidity and exposure from an extensive range of products; track supply and demand, evaluate market developments and perform quantitative analysis to develop relative value trade ideas for clients and internal trading desks.
· Prepare financial models, perform comprehensive quantitative analysis, identify investment opportunities, analyze risks and sector trends and participate in the writing of reports.
· Assess credit quality and produce a risk rating/credit review by analyzing business, industry and financial condition, and preparing financial projections.
· Train and educate junior team members.
· Ability to “crack” mortgage data
· Deep understanding of industry terms and fields which constitute relevant mortgage data
· Capability to operate various data normalization applications, such as CAS
· Understanding of data reconciliation, especially in a transactional context
· Experience translating contract terms into validation rules
· Advanced Intex and Bloomberg
· Very good attention to detail, strong analytical skills
· Financial modelling
· Flawless data handling
· Strong report writing and design
· Bachelors degree or advanced education with quantitative, computer science, or finance background
· Demonstrable experience analysing mortgage loan structure and cash flows
· Prior experience structuring live transactions
· Knowledge of deal term sheets
· Experience or education utilizing:
· Relational database design and writing SQL queries
· Database architecture
· Proven track record of successful process design and improvement
· Prior examples of leading large scale projects
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”
Closing date-October 04, 2018