Global Cash Position Management is the operational process needed to support Treasury in their obligation to fund the Bank’s cash positions.
Cash Position Management provides this service across 47 Legal Entities globally and 63 Currencies with a daily cash value of over $2 trillion.
The team is responsible for JPMorgan’s cash flows through the Global Operating Model.
The department manages essential high value, high risk day to day responsibilities.
It is also relied upon to provide advice on liquidity implications of product and market changes.
Cash Projections Team provides Corporate Treasury with a Projection that covers multiple currencies throughout the day. Information will be provided in a number of formats, systemic feeds, spreadsheets and phone calls from our Lines of Businesses and must be collated accurately and timely in order for Corporate Treasury to manage the Firms cash positions. As a member of the Cash Projections Team the key priority is to ensure accurate and timely dialogue with Corporate Treasury throughout the day whilst building a cash projection using the information provided.
Clearing Team monitors JP Morgan’s GBP liquidity at the Bank of England for both High Value GBP payments (CHAPS) and Security Settlement (CREST). Information from lines of business will be provided in a number of formats, systems, spreadsheets and phone calls and must be collated accurately. There is a high dependency from Corporate Treasury to receive accurate and up to date information. As a member of the Clearing Team the key priority is to use systems such as Enquiry Link and Crest GUI to interrogate the Bank’s liquidity position. Additional duties include accurate projection and funding of a small Clearing in Norway.
In addition the team is also responsible for the London branch Euro and Turkish Nostro positions, working closely with colleagues in both Frankfurt and Istanbul.
· Handle large value transactions to the strictest of deadlines.
· Identify and challenge discrepancies and anomalies to mitigate risk.
· Continually strive to improve knowledge of processes and procedures.
· Always audit ready
· Be team players, able to work a rotating shift pattern (coverage from 5am to 6.30pm) and sometimes required to work later to support testing and project support
There is a requirement to work some weekends
· Escalate issues where appropriate, keeping team manager and key partners updated
· Provide oversight of team throughout the day , overcoming challenges and managing liquidity
· Represent the team on production incidents, taking the lead in resolution
· Provide and present team metrics to management
Applicants should be/have
Able to take the lead on investigation and have a pro-active approach
Self-motivated, highly numerate and accurate, a leader with good interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
The ability to meet tight deadlines and handle high value payments is essential.
Good awareness of risk and control issues.
Good communication skills
Previous payment and/or cash management experience is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status