MARKET RISK ANALYST
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The EMEA Market Risk Analytics Group provides a wide range of value added investment risk analysis services to JPMorgan CIB clients. Services range from the production and delivery of in-depth portfolio risk reporting via the JPMorgan Access portal through to attribution analysis and customised Board reporting.
· Gathering, calculating and analyzing investment risk data
· Drawing appropriate comparisons between investment risk metrics, market indicators and benchmarks
· Preparing standard and customised client reporting in timely and accurate way
· Respond to queries from clients, consultant and internal departments
· Attending client service review meetings and calls
· Competencies - skills and qualities needed
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Oral and written communication skills as analysts will deal directly with clients, investment consultants, fund managers and internal personnel.
· Organised and efficient with ability to work within small teams or as an individual contributor, within tight reporting deadlines
· Good numerical and maths skills
Knowledge - Essential
· Significant experience in market risk analyst role or equivalent
· Sound knowledge of financial markets, investment process and instruments
· Knowledge of risk reporting standards and quantitative processes
· Understanding of valuation methodologies
Knowledge – Desirable
· Knowledge of risk attribution and value-at-risk
· Understanding of the principals of fund accounting
· Systems experience of risk management and reporting applications
· Education to degree standard; professional designations including CFA, FRM, PRM