EDG Flow and Converts Trade Support (Trader Assistant)
The primary role is within the Trader Assistant Group supporting the Flow Equity Derivatives and Convertible Bonds Trading Desk.
Given the nature of the business, trading the full range of Equity Derivative Products, the candidate is exposed to a fast changing and challenging learning curve.
Flow/Converts Trading Desk
The team consists of 5 Trader Assistants supporting over 45 traders and sales people. This is spread across three primary business units, Volatility Trading, Linear and Non Linear Corporate Financing and Convertible Bonds. The trading activity consists of both vanilla equity and complex derivative products. You would be required to provide the desks support and act as an independent control, this is pivotal to the efficient running of the trading desks.
The Trader Assistant Role is situated alongside the FO on the Trading Floor; the role requires continuous interaction with the trading desk, offering advice and help on any issues which they may have with Risk, P&L, Bookings as well as a number of ad-hoc queries. It is therefore imperative that that candidate has a strong understanding of the various financial products, particularly a range of Equity Derivatives and Convertible Bonds that the desk trades
The Trader Assistant are part of the Flow/Converts MO Team, which covers Transaction Management, P&L, Projects and other Operational Controls, there will be the opportunity to cross train across the other functions to increase the breadth of product understanding.
The FO are trading increased volumes, often in new markets utilising a growing range of Product/Asset Classes, this will present a unique range of challenges which the MO Team will assess and control. The role would suit a strong, dynamic individual who wishes to be part of an integrated MO team.
All of the roles within the MO Team have a great deal of ownership, the successful candidate will be empowered to drive the role forward, implementing any additional controls which are required to maintain a continually strong operating environment.
Essential & Desirable Skills
Trader Assistant experience is highly beneficial, although we will consider candidates with the correct product experience and the aptitude to become a Trader Assistant
· Good Knowledge of the range of Equity Derivatives Products, including Option, Equity/Variance Swaps, CDS and Listed Derivatives
· Experience within a comparable role within the Derivatives Business.
· Strong understanding of Risk and P&L implications inherent when trading derivatives
· Understanding of the booking flow of products from risk based systems to settlement systems
· Ability to identify and drive change,
· Excellent attention to detail is a required skill for this role
· Good understanding of downstream impact of actions undertaken in MO, particularly the requirement for strong and timely controls around trade capture through to settlement.
· Time Management and ability to prioritize effectively
· A good team player, capable of building effective business relationships across the organization
· Pro-active approach to problem solving; root cause analysis, identifying solutions and taking ownership of these through to resolution
· Enthusiastic, self-motivated and demonstration of initiative
· Flexibility, early start times and late finishing times are required with an occasional need for weekend work once a quarter
· To become and integrated and active member of the Flow/Converts TA team and improve and maintain a robust controls.
· Produce and substantiate trading P&L when needed, including the analysis and extensive discussion with the Front Office to ensure transparency and accuracy in the P&L numbers.
· There will also be the opportunity to cross train onto the other functions provided by the MO team, which include managing trade exceptions and settlement issues throughout the trade lifecycle
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date- August 6, 2018