The Stock Borrow Loan (SBL) desk is part of thePrimeFinance Organization. SBL undertakes various trade structures ranging from short coverage, financing, conduit lending, dividend yield enhancement and the facilitation of longer-term non-standard structured deals. To support this, SBL borrows stock from counterparties based in various countries around the world and flows this stock through multiple legal entities onto the relevant risk entity.
The Stock Borrow Loan Middle office's main function is to facilitate and control the end to end life cycle of Equity Borrow / Loan activity for the Investment Bank in EMEA. Liaison with external counterparties & traders on a day-to-day basis is the key to success. Trade support and collateral (cash and stock) management are the main functions of the team along with the control and clearance of all exceptions and cash flows that the trade lifecycle creates (cash wash , nostro , GLRS, monthly billing)
The SBL Middle Office analyst’s role is to ensure the below is covered on a daily basis.
· Supporting the Prime Brokerage flow between Stock Borrow Loan and the Primeclientbase.
· Supporting the wider Trade Management and Tri-party collateral management process. Managing bank exposure on an Intercompany and street basis.
· Manage counterparty relationships and drive quarterly reviews to improve relationship.
· Support the daily requirements of the SBL Flow (Short Cover)/IMG andCollateraldesks.
· Liaison with clients, counterparties and traders to investigate & resolve any trade exceptions
· Reconciliation & investigation of all key controls within the trade life-cycle.
· Production of daily MIS
· Participation in the Equilend on-boarding agenda to increase the automation of the reconciliation process.
· Support the FCA and CASS reporting requirements.
· Support the new and incremental client onboarding agenda, working with KYC, Legal and Credit team.
· Well motivated and enthusiastic
· Interested in joining an operations team or expanding current experience
· Some securities operational experience preferred but not essential
· Ability to develop relationships with clients, the front office and a variety of other contacts with operations areas
· Highly numeric person with excellent attention to detail in all areas.
· Ability to work in a pressurised environment, meeting tight deadlines on daily basis
· Strong written & oral communication skills
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available atwww.jpmorganchase.com .
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.