About JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, Financial Transaction Processing, Asset and Wealth Management, and Private Equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
About Rates Middle Office
EMEA Linear Rates MO provides operational supports to the EMEA Rates Swaps Trading Business covering 8 desks and all G10 currencies. The team is responsible for all aspects of trade management, from trade inception and maintenance to expiry, giving a good all round view of the trade lifecycle. We provide full and dedicated support service to the business and maintain a high degree of control across all aspects of the process.
The role entails significant interaction with a variety of business partners (Accounting, Finance, FO, Marketers, Credit, Settlements, Confirms, and Technology) in order to manage the operations front to back. The ability to communicate complex matters in a clear and concise manner is essential whether dealing with the FO or with other support groups.
· Timely and accurate capture of all transactions in the Risk Management Systems.
· Complete Intraday / EOD processes including completeness and reconciliation checks to ensure capture of new trading activity and general book management has been processed accurately.
· Work closely with Operations functions and infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’. The team is expected to be a centre of excellence and is pivotal in ensuring accurate information in cross group communication.
· Ensure all controls are diligently performed, completed and signed off on a timely basis.
· Clear and concise communication with FO and all support teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of queries.
· Participate and contribute to the various strategic initiatives; keep improving & evolving processes & business architecture.
· Build an in depth understanding of all trading structures from both a financial and operational perspective.
Skills & Experience
Some of the skills that we look for to integrate the team are:
· Understand all relevant derivatives and hedging products booked into the banks core Risk Management System. The products covered are Interest Rate Swaps, Basis Swaps, Cross Currency swaps, Forward Rate Agreement (FRA), Foreign Exchange (FX), Zero Coupon and Overnight Index Swaps (OIS), Bond and Futures.
· Have a good knowledge of the front to back Operations process (including the key elements such as confirmations, settlements, Reg reporting) and facilitate issue resolution across teams.
· Understand the key elements of other infrastructure groups i.e. Finance, Market risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, Legal, Collateral etc. and recognise the impact of the actions of the Trade support team on these areas.
· Must have clear communication skills, and an ability to use these to work collaboratively, explain and challenge as appropriate.
· Attention to details and sense of ownership.
· Great team player able to work in a pressurised and changing environment.
· Possess strong analytical & numerical skills.
· Strong technical skills, especially in Excel (VBA is a plus).
· Problem solving: developing and implementing solutions to often complex workflow issues.
· Control: understanding and implementing the control framework to mitigate risks through the transaction cycle.
· Project Management: delivering tactical and strategic systems/process solutions
We are looking for candidates who display drive and enthusiasm, who are highly numerate, work well as part of a team, have strong communication skills. They need to be able to adapt quickly to a highly changing and challenging environment as well as to implement those changes smoothly. They will work closely with the Front Office as well as other Operational departments, AD and Finance and will require the ability to build effective working relationships with these groups.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.