The role involves working as part of the Fixed Income Cash Middle Office, supporting regionally based clients and front office salespeople. The team is dedicated to providing critical trade lifecycle support to Clients trading Fixed Income Cash products, across Developed and Emerging Markets. Clients include large Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, Central Banks and Hedge Funds.
The Sales Support Associate role will ensure that trades are processed as quickly and efficiently as possible, giving enough time prior to settlement to resolve any issues and provide a best in class service to our clients.
Additionally the role involves liaising with multiple groups including other Middle Office teams, Technology, Reference Data and Sales People. It requires somebody with exceptional attention to detail, highly energetic, excellent communication skills and who has the ability to prioritise and think creatively in an extremely challenging environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to be proficient in all of these areas:
· Client outreach and the ability to build strong client relationships.
· Timely and accurate trade allocations. Attention to detail is extremely important to eliminate risk.
· Timely and accurate trade amends, with a solution led approach to enhancing STP.
· Confirmation and affirmation of fixed income transactions booked across global books (Asia, EMEA, NA, LATAM).
· Proactive management of failing trades to a satisfactory resolution.
· Trade investigations for TMPG and Interest Claims.
· Client reference data maintenance to ensure trade flow STP
· Support syndicate new issue trade flow.
· Manage down the high volumes of post trade queries.
· Ensure continuity of exception process management.
· Best in class support for all client workflow and queries.
· Possible requirement to work UK Bank Holidays.
· Possible shift and occasional weekend working to support business migrations and contingency testing.
Core hours: 8.30am-6pm, however expectation to work overtime as the business requires.
The successful applicant will have;
· Excellent communication skills. The role requires dialogue with salespeople, clients, operations and 3rd parties on a local and regional level.
· Client service experience. The ability to build and develop strong client relationships is critical to this role.
· Excellent time management – There are numerous deadlines and processes across the day and the incumbent must be able to deal with issues and escalations in a fast paced environment.
· Proven ability to succeed as part of a team - The ability to work effectively as part of a team working to deliver success down the trade life cycle.
· A flexible, proactive attitude towards work is required as individual must be responsive with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Ability to work well under pressure is essential.
· Flexibility on working hours; client / market coverage frequently necessitates early morning or evening work
· Exceptional controls awareness and track record of being a change agent.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills who can demonstrate thought leadership.
Additional experience required:
· Graduate 2:2 or better.
· Middle or back office operations experience is essential.
· Corporate Fixed Income product knowledge and trade lifecycle awareness is required. Any additional product knowledge is advantageous but not essential. Good industry and operational knowledge of European Securities Markets.