J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, CASS & Outsourcing and Expense Management Unit with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
· Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Expense Management and CASS & Outsourcing Support
· Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. Facilitate transaction execution via a ‘best in class’ systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
· Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
· Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
· 70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Over 4,000 employees work at the Bournemouth Corporate Center. We take immense pride in our work and in helping our community. We’re proud to leverage the local workforce and engage closely with local schools and charities. Our campus is set in 13 acres of grounds and includes on-site Tennis Courts and easy access to local sports facilities. We have good transport links including our commuter bus service. The site is currently benefitting from massive investment, redeveloping the office space into a High Performance Workspace and adding exciting new offerings to our communal spaces. We have 2 restaurants on site offering a wide range of healthy options. The staff are able to join in a wide range of groups from yoga to language classes, to groups supporting the diverse range of cultures represented here.
Based in Bournemouth, the EMEA Client Service teams are responsible for ensuring a smooth settlements process for Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Swaps, Equity Derivatives and Commoditiesbetween the Investment Banks and their EMEA client base, covering Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Corporates, Financial Institutions, Governments and Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV).
The Teams deal with the end-to-end settlements process including confirmation of settlements prior to value, investigation of post-settlement discrepancies, responding to all incoming client enquiries and dealing with queries from Middle Offices (globally) and our sister hubs in Delaware, Mumbai and Singapore. Teams have high levels of client and Middle Office contact and are constantly being challenged to innovate and inspire to meet the demands of a developing product set, client base and trading growth.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Ensuring that all payments are settled accurately and all incoming client enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
· Maintaining and building excellent relationships with external clients as well as with multiple teams across the Derivatives hubs and globally with the Middle Offices we support.
· Risk Mitigation (Operational, Financial and Reputational)
· Participating in process improvement initiatives.
· Identifying and investigating the root cause of errors/issues.
Skills and Qualifications
· A desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent relationship-building and good communication skills
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise work in a busy environment with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Understand the risks and adhere to the controls in place at all times.
· Previous exposure to financial products and derivatives instruments advantageous but not essential.
Happy to talk flexible working.