CIB Operations - Commodities Marketing Middle Office - Analyst - London
The Commodities Middle Office team provides first-line support for the Commodity trading business and acts as a key point of contact for all global teams in relation to the Commodities business.
The product set is diverse and includes complex and exotic instruments; the trading desks cover a wide variety of underlying's including Oil, Softs, metals, energy and commodity indices.
We are looking for a strong individual who can demonstrate that they have relevant middle office trade support experience, preferably from a middle office background.
The candidate will be expected to:
· Ensure existing controls and procedures are followed accurately and monitor and manage trade lifecycle events to the required standard
· Serve as a liaison between front office and all global teams
· Support change initiatives, as we support a business that is always evolving
· Identify opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures.
· Maintain a control focus while taking ownership of issue resolution, with appropriate escalation.
· Effective partnership with team members to ensure targets are met, including sharing product and process knowledge as appropriate
· Trade support middle office experience
· Product knowledge – Exposure to, and an understanding of Commodity derivatives preferred
· Extremely detail oriented
· Ability to demonstrate task and issue ownership, through to resolution
· Understanding of risk types - market (positions), operational, settlement, credit, legal and reputational
· Has an in-depth understanding of individual functions comprising the business and their interdependencies and the overall end to end environment
· Analytical and problem solving skills - positive, solutions oriented attitude
· Pro-activity in identifying control gaps ensuring clear and precise action plans are in place
· Has a continuous focus on process improvement/process engineering
· Ability to communicate effectively across the organization, both orally and in writing
· Assertive and confident disposition, able to deal with all levels of personnel in Operations and Front Office
· Demonstrates negotiation and influencing skills
· Team orientation skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally.
· Flexible, proactive and innovative.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.